Vivo announced the world’s first smartphone with under-display fingerprint scanner at CES earlier this month. Today, the Chinese manufacturer has launched the Vivo X20 Plus UD with in-display fingerprint sensor in China. The specifications of the phone are almost similar to those of the original Vivo X20 Plus.
The In-Display fingerprint scanner uses Clear ID FS9500 optical fingerprint sensor from Synaptics. Vivo claims that its In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology outperforms other authentication solutions available for full-screen smartphones in many aspects.
Vivo X20 Plus UD specifications
- 6.43-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18: 9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4B RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 3.2 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, secondary 5MP camera
- 12MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165.2 × 80.02 × 7.35mm; Weight: 183.1g
- 3.5mm audio jack, ES9318 DAC
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3905mAh (typical) / 3800mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
It costs 3,598 yuan (US$ 568 / Rs. 36,090 approx.) and will be available in China from February 1st. No words on global availability yet.