Whatsapp is without doubt one of the most used messaging apps around the world. The Facebook owned app has always looked for ways to expand. And now, after years of limited trials WhatsApp Business is finally here.
WhatsApp claims that the new app will make it easier for companies to connect with customers. And make it more convenient for 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them.
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
According a WhatsApp spokesperson, the current feature set will remain free in the long term, but WhatsApp plans on charging for additional capabilities in the future.