HMD Global just announced the flagship Nokia 8 smartphone at an event in London, as it had promised. marking an end to the countless leaks and giving us the first true flagship Nokia Android phone to take on the likes of iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S8.
Nokia 8 specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android O
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
It was rumoured that the Nokia 8 might ship with Android O out of the box, and while an HMD Global representative confirmed that the company is in advanced stages of testing Android O build for the Nokia 8, the smartphone will ship with Android 7.1.1 out of the box
“One of the fastest ways of getting Android O will be to get our new flagship,” HMD Global’s Sarvikas added.
The Nokia 8 comes in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper colors, is priced at 599 Euros (US$ 700 / Rs. 44,990 approx.) and will start shipping in early September globally and is expected to launch in India in early October.