It is normal for the renders to surface before the launch of a popular smartphone. We see designs of unannounced smartphones popping up from the rumor mill all the time. But this is new – ‘dbrand’ has started taking pre-orders for the skins of Galaxy S9 and S9+. The customization options for two unannounced smartphones are already available. Even before the launch of the actual phones.
Thanks to dbrand, the new renders show the back with rear camera and fingerprint sensor below them along with branding. These new renders coincide with the leaked image from Evan Blass. Also, the retail box of the Samsung Galaxy S9 was leaked recently. It revealed key specifications of the phones.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ rumored specifications –
- S9 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
S9+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- S9 – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
S9+ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S9 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, 480fps super slo-mo
S9+ – 12MP + 12MP Dual Rear cameras with LED Flash, 480fps super slo-mo
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers, Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S9 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
S9+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are supposed to be unveiled at the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2018 Event which will take place at 6PM CET (10:30 PM IST) in Barcelona on February 25, 2018. The phones are expected to go on sale on March 16.