Just yesterday we had a leak say that Nokia 6 (2018) is about to launch soon and today, HMD Global announced the 2018 variant of its last year’s Nokia 6 in China. The leaked pictures came out to be true. The design language speaks for itself.
The new Nokia 6 carries that more interesting design language with added gold-borders on the rear camera and on the sides. The other physical feature that differentiates the 2018 variant from the 2017 one is the placement of the fingerprint scanner. The biometric sensor has been moved to the back of the device. Also, Nokia has ditched the capacitive touch buttons on the front in favour of on-screen buttons.
The unibody design includes 6000 series aluminium chassis created using two-color anodization process and diamond cutting technology.
On the software front, the Nokia 6 (2018) includes Dual-Sight technology that uses both front and rear cameras simultaneously directly from your camera app to create Bothie – a split screen visual for both photos and videos.
Nokia 6 (2018) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12 pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 84° wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15-8.6mm; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Nokia 6 (2018) will be available in Black and Silver colors. It is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 230 approx. / Rs. 14,655 approx.) for the 32GB storage version and the 64GB storage version costs 1699 yuan (US$ 262 approx. / Rs. 16,610 approx.). The phone will go on sale in China on January 10. We have not yet received any details on the global roll out yet.